Last updated: February 23, 2020
Interpretation and Definitions
The words of which the initial letter is capitalized have meanings defined under the following conditions. The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural.
- Website refers to Fetchin’ Retrievers Rescue website, accessible from www.fetchinretrieversrescue.org.
- Service Provider means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of FRR. It refers to third-party companies or individuals who are employed by or volunteer with FRR to facilitate the website and services on behalf of FRR, to perform services related to the website or to assist FRR in analyzing how the website is used.
- Third-party Social Media Service refers to any website or any social network website through which a user can log in or create an account to use the website.
- Personal Data means any information that identifies, relates to, describes or is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with you.
- Cookies are small files that are placed on your computer, mobile device or any other device by a website, containing the details of your browsing history on that website among its many uses.
- Usage Data refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the website or from the website infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit). Usage Data may include information such as your device’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our website that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers, type of mobile device you use, your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile internet browser you use, and other diagnostic data.
- Business refers to FRR as the legal entity that collects consumers’ personal information and determines the purposes and means of the processing of said personal information, or on behalf of which such information is collected and that alone, or jointly with others, determines the purposes and means of the processing of consumers’ personal information.
- Consumer is a resident, as defined in the law, includes (1) every individual who is in the USA for other than a temporary or transitory purpose, and (2) every individual who is domiciled in the USA who is outside the USA for a temporary or transitory purpose.
- Sale means selling, renting, releasing, disclosing, disseminating, making available, transferring, or otherwise communicating orally, in writing, or by electronic or other means, a consumer’s personal information to another business or a third party for monetary or other valuable consideration.
Collecting and Using Your Personal Data
While using our website, we may ask you to provide us with certain Personal Data that can be used to contact or identify you. Personal Data may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name
- Last name
- Phone number
- Address, City, State, Zip Code
- Usage Data
Tracking Technologies and Cookies
Cookies can be “Persistent” or “Session” Cookies. Persistent Cookies remain on your personal computer or mobile device when you go offline, while Session Cookies are deleted as soon as you close your web browser.
- Functionality Cookies: These Cookies allow us to remember choices you make when you use the website, such as remembering your login details or language preference. The purpose of these Cookies is to provide you with a more personal experience and to avoid you having to re-enter your preferences every time you use the website.
- Technical cookies: Some cookies are used internally and are essential for the proper functioning of a website. These cookies are saved only for the duration of one session and are automatically deleted when you close your browser.
- Analytical cookies: Analytical cookies are used to collect statistics on your activity on a website. The information collected provides us with information such as the number of pages visited; the languages used; the frequency and repetition of visits; the time of visits; the browser used; the referral traffic source, and so on.
- Social media cookies: Our website incorporates social media buttons that enable you to share items across social networks. FRR has no control over the cookies installed by each social network. However, they tend to be technical cookies, used to control the start of the session, or to display a counter showing how many times a certain piece of content has been shared. We suggest that you review the privacy and cookies policy of each social network, and if necessary, modify the privacy parameters to limit any tracking that they may attempt to carry out.
Use of Your Personal Data
FRR may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain our website, including to monitor the usage of our website.
- To contact you by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application’s push notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
- To provide you with news, general information, and information about events that are similar to those that you have already participated in or inquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information.
- To attend and manage your requests to FRR.
FRR may share your Personal Data in the following situations:
- With Service Providers: We may share your personal information with Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our website, to show advertisements to you to help support and maintain our website, to contact you, to advertise on third party websites to you after you visited our website.
- With other users: When you share personal information or otherwise interact in the public areas with other users, such information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside. If you interact with other users or register through a Third-Party Social Media Service, your contacts on the Third-Party Social Media Service may see your name, profile, pictures and description of your activity. Similarly, other users will be able to view descriptions of your activity, communicate with you and view your profile.
Retention of Your Personal Data
FRR will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our website, or FRR is legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer of Your Personal Data
Your information, including Personal Data, is processed via FRR’s server and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing of any Personal Data are located. It means that this information may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, country, or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
Under certain circumstances, FRR may be required to disclose Your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
FRR may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Protect and defend the rights or property of FRR
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the website
- Protect the personal safety of users of the website or the public
- Protect against legal liability
Security of Your Personal Data
The security of your Personal Data is important to FRR, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While FRR strives to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, FRR cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Service Providers have access to your Personal Data only to perform their tasks on FRR’s behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, marketing, or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt-out of receiving any, or all, of these types of communications from FRR by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send or by contacting us.
- The categories of Personal Data collected
- The sources from which the Personal Data was collected
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling the Personal Data
- Categories of third parties with whom we share Personal Data
- The specific pieces of Personal Data we collected about you
The Right to Delete Personal Data
You have the right to request the deletion of your Personal Data that has been collected in the past 12 months.
You have the right not to be discriminated against for exercising any of your Consumer’s rights.
In order to exercise any of your rights you can email us at email@example.com.
FRR will disclose and deliver the required information within 45 days of receiving your verifiable request. The time period to provide the required information may be extended once by an additional 45 days when reasonable necessary and with prior notice.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information
FRR does not sell personal information. However, the Service Providers we partner with (for example, our advertising partners) may use technology on the website that “sells” personal information.
If you wish to opt out of the use of your personal information for interest-based advertising purposes and these potential types of “sales” as defined under different state laws, you may do so by following the instructions below to deactivate or delete cookies. Most web browsers allow you to manage, at any time, your cookies preferences. You can adjust their browser settings to block or delete certain cookies if desired. To manage cookie settings, go to:
- Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop&&hl=es
- Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/es/kb/impedir-que-los-sitios-web-guarden-sus-preferencia
- Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/es-es/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- Microsoft Edge: https://privacy.microsoft.com/es-ES/windows-10-microsoft-edge-and-privacy
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/es-es/HT201265
Your mobile device may give you the ability to opt out of the use of information about the apps you use in order to serve you ads that are targeted to your interests:
- “Opt out of Interest-Based Ads” or “Opt out of Ads Personalization” on Android devices
- “Limit Ad Tracking” on iOS devices
You can also stop the collection of location information from your mobile device by changing the preferences on your mobile device.
Keep in mind that some features and functionalities of a website will only work if cookies are enabled in their web browsers. If you decide not to accept or to block certain cookies (depending on their purpose), this may affect, totally or partially, your online experience. Please note that any opt out is specific to the browser you use. You may need to opt out on every browser that you use.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. If You are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided FRR with Personal Data, please contact us. If FRR becomes aware that we have collected Personal Data from anyone under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
Links to Other Websites
FRR has no control over and assumes no responsibility for the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party sites or services.